Would you walk a mile in heels?
Walk a mile in her shoes is a playful opportunity for men to raise awareness in their community about the seriousness of violence towards women.
- What: A one-mile walk in heels
- Where: Meet at Pioneer Square then Walk down Main Street, Flin Flon
- When: During the Canada Day Long Weekend
- Why: Raise funds for the Flin Flon Safe Haven and show your support for ending violence against women
How Can You Participate?
- Register by calling (204) 681-3105
- Then put on your heels and walk a mile on the first day of the Canada Long Weekend to show your support!
Make Sure To Join The Talk While You Walk The Walk
It’s critical to open communication about violence towards women. Unfortunately, it’s difficult to get people talking. People unfamiliar with violence against women don’t want to know it exists. It’s ugly. Victims themselves want to forget about it. How do you get people talking now, so they can prevent it from happening? And if it’s already happened, how do you help them recover. “A lot of people aren’t
comfortable talking about these kinds of things, so when you add humour… it makes them take down their guard a little bit and [be] open to hearing the message,” said Colleen Arnold, executive director
of the centre.